- Company Name
- Modalis Therapeutics Corporation
- January 2016
- Representative Directors
- Haru Morita
- 3-11-5 Nihonbashi-Honcho, Nihonbashi-Lifescience-Bldg.2 7F Chuo-ku, Tokyo,103-0023 JAPAN
※ On September 1st, 2020, the Japan office of Modalis has relocated.
- U.S. Office R&D Operations
- Modalis Therapeutics Inc.（51 Moulton street Cambridge MA）
- Scope of Business
- Drug development
- Number of Employees
- 17 (as of end 2019, consolidated)
- Record of Awards
- J-STARTUP authorization (2018)
Modalis (pronounced “MO-DA-LIS”) is an original name that the Company has chosen to hope Company’s proprietary gene modulation technology, CRISPR-GNDM, to be a new modality (therapeutic technology) to assist patients fighting with genetic disorders. It is the key to treatment of genetic diseases, and the logo of the company name expresses "a gene switch" becoming the target of the CRISPR-GNDM technology.